Less is more.

Welcome to my site. This 2013, I'll try to blog more and live more. Hope you'll enjoy my posts! :)

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Banning myself from all the things you can think of

For some odd yet valid reasons I decided to ban myself from a lot of things and 'A LOT' means banning myself from all the things I used to have or love and from all the habits I used to do. Why am I doing this? basically for two reasons: (1) To be better (2) to explore other and new things. This isn't easy, I tell you! But sometimes, we really have to get away from our comfort zones to test our selves and to come up with a better and brighter solutions of some sort. So anyway, that's basically what I am doing to myself right now.

First ban - no use of twitter. for how long? As long as I can keep myself away from this social networking site. reason/s? to learn how to not hurt myself even more. drama shizz. No, the real reason is because I'm fed up of the fact that I am spending more time on the computer doing nonsense things than spending it to a more fruitful and useful deeds. In line with this banning, I terminated my Formspring account and froze my karma in Plurk - two of my accounts where I put the most humor-less thoughts I have in mind - a waste of my time.

Second ban - no earphones for a week and it started last Monday. Reason? Well, I'm a music lover. I love listening to music and the sounds it produces... but I always plug my earphones almost in to my ear drums - almost rubbing my brain that it penetrated my skull first! Anyway, the thing is I should lessen this habit because in the long run it will do me no good. I dont want to get deaf at the age of 35! I still love music though!

Well, these are the two most prominent bans I obliged myself to cling and obey to right now. The good thing here is that I am coming up with good outcomes! :) I'll just be happy for doing such crazy rules and not be sad for banning myself from all these. This too shall pass! I'm still thinking of what other 'bans' I have to follow so as to test myself. Normally these are things that I usually love doing or actions that are becoming a habit. Do you have anything in mind? Share please!

No comments:

Post a Comment