Less is more.

Welcome to my site. This 2013, I'll try to blog more and live more. Hope you'll enjoy my posts! :)

Thursday, June 2, 2011

A love that would last a lifetime


This is a picture of my mom and dad when they handed me my new DSLR. For the record, I really intended to have their picture taken first before anything and anyone else.

I think this is the first time that I made a blog about my parents. This dedication to them is never easy. I have to watch for my words and ponder deeply on the things I have to share. Nonetheless, I dont really worry that much for the reason that I don't rant in social networks especially if they are involved. This would just be a light blog about them for their 20th anniversary.

Today is June 1 and this means a lot of things.
1. School is just around the corner which gives me a feeling of excitement and nervousness. Mixed emotion at its best.
2. Summer is over. It's official according to PAG-ASA and based on the atmosphere that this surrounding is giving me.
3. And lastly... It's my parents anniversary! In fact they're celebrating their 20th anniversary of being husband and wife and 19 years of being parents to me. This calls for a celebration.


I bought a box of donuts for them! That's how sweet I am of a son to them.

When we are celebrating an event especially if it involves anyone from our family (the three of us), we celebrate it the best we could. Since we're not rich and can't afford to splurge on high-end restaurants we opt to have simple gatherings, perhaps a dinner in our house. If budget permits then we sometimes go to unusual resto and spend the night there. Though I prefer having simple dinner here in our house since it's cozy and I can act the way I wanted to and not be dictated by the ambiance of fancy fine dining. Today was the usual.

I came home late because I've been expecting no plans for tonight but I know that it's their anniversary. So I decided to sip some coffee and munch on tuna sandwich and a classic bavarian over at Mister Donut (a place in cubao that I like killing most of my time - just chilling). I chilled their for two hours leafing through the pages of my overdue book that I should have finished long time ago. Before leaving the cafe I bought a box of donuts for them. I feel so generous that time. I thought of doing this generous behavior because I was thinking that I am not getting any younger now which gives me no reason to act like a sweet child that I used to be (that is if they saw me as a sweet kiddo during my younger years). It's not hard to be sweet sometimes... it's the thought of being sweet to them that hinders us to be so. Anyway, going back. Since I never thought that plans will ever be considered tonight I took my time walking from our subdivision's gate to our house. I knew right then that my mom miscalled three times but she received no answers from me (That has been my problems for years now). I got home and was welcomed with my dad lying on the sofa sleeping and my mom cooking for our usual late dinner. The reason she miscalled was that they planned to have dinner outside and celebrate their 20 years of marriage. I was so pissed at myself that I let this good time passed just because of being an idler that I am. I said sorry to them and gave their donuts just to have an excuse. HAHA But the good news here is that we'll celebrate it tomorrow night! :) There's no reason to fret, no reason at all.



As for the relationship we have as a family I can say that it's never perfect BUT we try to live a normal life with a balance living. We sometimes get pissed at each other- I think its normal - but it shouldn't last that long. We encountered problems but we don't show how down we are when we face and solve each endeavors we have. I am not the perfect child they wish me to be (i think) but I try my best to at least pay them in return for all the love and support that they give me. I have few families in mind that I admire the most. Sometimes I wish that I belong to that group - yes! it happens sometimes. But I realized, everything that happens in this family is normal - the usual - and I guess it's the same process that the families I admire to have in their group. What sets this family apart from the others is I think the problems we are facing each day which gives us an in depth understanding of who we are when we're together and who we are when we are in different worlds. I faced a lot of tribulations regarding my relationship with them. They know it for sure. I get sad when we they don't understand me especially when its the time that I need someone to understand me the most. It's a pain in the ass. I get upset when this time surfaces. Sure, too, they get upset having a son like me. But then again, It's His plan why I belonged to this family and I whole-heartedly accept it.

Families are like roller coasters with a lot of hoops and turns. Sometimes it's like a carousel where you just go round and round and round and round leading and heading to nowhere. Most of the time it's like a horror booth where you see nothing but darkness and creepy faces or it's a ride like that of a bump car where you bump with each other and gets hurt for a moment and then bump again with another car without even composing yourself from the last trauma. Whatever ride that you can compare your family life with it's the fun that you'll have after experiencing either 'enchanted kingdom', 'star city' or 'disney land' and that's how happy I am to be in a family like this. I know the imperfections we have as a unit and because of this I learned how to love these imperfections and the people who have this blemishes. Moreover, I thank God for giving me such a wonderful family and for trusting me to be the only child of Ma. Corazon E. Soriano and Romulo A. Soriano Jr. who will take care of them until the last air I breath.

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

Love,
Wesley

2 comments: