Less is more.

Welcome to my site. This 2013, I'll try to blog more and live more. Hope you'll enjoy my posts! :)

Friday, September 9, 2011

What's with the...

What's with the weather in the Philippines? and what's with me today? I decided to be home early on a Friday - so unusual!

Weather. It all boils down to the issue of global warming - the effect of lack of discipline of our people. It's a fact that WE exploit our environment too much. That's why we are experiencing a tremendous change of weather and it's true that we are towards disequilibrium.

Global annual-mean surface temperature has shown a rapid and widespread increase of 1.4º F (0.7ºC) since the early 20th century with about 0.9º F of that increase occurring since 1978.
- NRCS, 2010 (http://soils.usda.gov/survey/global_climate_change.html)

This is telling us that we are the catalyst of the destruction of the earth's different spheres. The condition that we are experiencing now should happen years (hundreds?) from now and not during this time. I just hope our government (and by that I mean the people or citizen of the Philippines, not just the 'government' that some of us hate without knowing that they are hating themselves for that as well) can contribute a solution to somehow lessen the effects of the rapid change on the environment. If banning of plastics is possible for the whole country then lets implement it. If we can possibly hunt all those smoke belching vehicles in streets then no one should be exempted from it. If we can practice the proper way of recycling or disposing our wastes then why not start now? I mean, all of the possible solutions can be initiated by any one of us even without someone dictating us what to do. If we want change, let us change and discipline ourselves first.

Anyway, I just wrote this because I don't want to be irritated by the bipolarism of the weather. I hate it. tsk. huhu. With regard to the idea of going home early... Well, I just feel like going home early because my feet is soaked with rain water and it sucks. Kadiri. :| There are a lot of things to do as well. So I better start now so I can meet the deadlines! That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment