Less is more.

Welcome to my site. This 2013, I'll try to blog more and live more. Hope you'll enjoy my posts! :)

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Save a life. Donate blood.

Last 01-20-12 Friday, I had one memorable experience. An activity I never thought I'd able to conquer - donating blood.

There are many reasons why all of us should be involved in this kind of activity. I've researched and found out that donating blood can actually lower your risk of having any cardiovascular related diseases like heart attack and stroke and the risk of having cancer. (Check out sites regarding any studies that will prove this! MERON TALAGA!)Besides this you can also receive some freebies like snacks. Upon researching about donating blood I also found out that it has been a tradition to give 'tokens' to those brave souls who never got afraid of the pipe-like needle that penetrates their skin. It's sort of a must to give snacks after each donation.

Free Gatorade and cinnamon cake to munch on after that needle sucked my blood out of my body system


Another perky-perk - stress ball! I chose red because I was wearing a dark hue of yellow shirt then so I guess they both complement each other.


Hmmm. What else did I learn from this experience? Ah, Did you know that you can only donate blood once every three months because during these three months your body will replenish and regenerate what you have lost during the last donation. After three months you can give again some part of your life to those in need. I found out also that my blood type is AB positive, a very rare one. Those who have this blood type can receive any blood type (? so redundant. LOL) when in need as oppose to blood type O which is considered to be the universal donor.

Pink cards indicate that you are AB positive. Others will have different colors like white for blood type B


My friend who accompanied me to the venue and actually had the chance to save up a life like me! Go Raymond!


Yes, donating blood sounds scary at first but it is not, actually. I thought I would be able to feel the pain as the bag sucks out blood from my body but it didn't. I didn't feel anything at all. In fact I was able to take photos of some of the details of the palma hall, like this:

So, Im counting days right now before the day of saving another's life. Im looking forward for this day to happen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment