Less is more.

Welcome to my site. This 2013, I'll try to blog more and live more. Hope you'll enjoy my posts! :)

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

First day high of 2013

So, today was my first day of school for 2013. My day was well and good. Spent the whole day at school and when I say whole day it means from 9 am to 7 pm. That was for my first day! Hooray. Medyo nakakapagod siya but I did not feel tired because (let's just say) I had fun. Really. No joke. HAHA

Ang unang tapak sa UP kong mahal. 
Just because today was my first day of school, I opted to take pictures of the university even if it meant letting all the snatchers see my tablet. I raised my tablet, high enough to be seen by everyone, to take pictures of the wonders of UP. But that's what photographers do (nakanangtoots, lakas makapagphotographer. ok). Nah. I just love taking random pictures.

Anyway, first pit stop was my PI 100. We talked about Rizal, his poem and language. We also discussed how languages evolve and made. But one lesson that she shared to us was the mystery that surrounds bi-sexual. A very interesting one. I'd rather not share it here because it could off-track this post. Anyway, here are some of the wonders you will see when in Palma hall.

Ang mga sanga-sangang kagandahang pumapaligid sa bulwagan ng Palma Hall, UP-Diliman
After PI 100, I headed to our meeting for thesis advising. There I met once again my classmates and my thesis adviser. I was hesitant at first to attend this meeting because I knew that I didn't have any updates to give. I mean, what do you expect a student to do during Christmas break? If not bum around, enjoy the vacation, right? So that's what I did (well, I think that is what students normally do). But goofing aside, I am preparing myself for one hell of a ride this coming months. I know it will not be easy instead it will be a grueling last semester for us because getting our diplomas would mean suffering first. But one piece of advice that our adviser gave us is that we should enjoy doing our paper. I think, that should be my mindset for this last three months.

Sobrang funny. Mas mabilis pa yata ang pagong gumalaw kesa dito eh. Gusto namin siya i-try tho. :))
Our adviser gave us a bunch of advice that could help us get through this semester. Honestly, I'm still kinda lost on what to do with my paper. I just hope everyone feels the same way, for consolation. Just kidding. I just wish this is normal with students who are about to graduate. I should do well and finish my thesis on time.

A long and winding pavement. Heading to Area 2 for lunch. 
Something that gives warmth to joggers and walkers of UP-Diliman. I just love how detailed our nature could get. Especially with the twigs and leaves of our trees. Thank You, God for making all these! 
So its lunch time. Me and Bea went to Area 2 to have our lunch. We chose Area 2 instead of SC because of me. HAHA. It's not that it has better food quality. But I think I just want something new for my taste buds. Something that I have not eaten before. And guess what for 75php, you can have a very sumptuous meal. We ate at Makdock (?) I dont know if I spelled the name right. But anyway, its close to that. I ordered half vegetable and half order of chicken strips - all for 75php. Kahit ako nagulat when I asked the lady how much my order was. Sobrang saya!

Tip: Always bring your own water. Its safer and you can save a lot more pennies compared to always buying bottled water or softdrinks.

My order,  half order vegies, half order chicken strips, rice with free soup. Sosyal lang ng soup. Hindi lang siya basta basta Knorr cubes na nilagay sa tubig na kumukulo. HAHA. Gawain din namain kasi dati yun pag walang sabaw at may Knorr cubes.

Order of my close friend, Bea. Squip balls (?) That's what they call it. Bakit ba. 
After eating, Bea and I parted ways because I headed to CHE and she went to CHK because she had a cwts class. Upon going to our college, this view (the next picture) reminded me of what happened the night of December 14, 2012. That could have been my most embarrassing moment if ever. As in. I am not joking here. I won't share it here tho dahil sobrang nakakahiya lang. HAHA. :)) Anyway, here are some of the pictures. 

This road reminds me of how embarrassing my moment was during the night of December 14th. HAHA. Road leading to College of Home Economics.

Our Beloved Alonso Hall.
So, I stayed in the library from 2 in the afternoon till 5 to do some research stuff. Then, went back to SC to get the book I have asked to xerox and bind for my choir. After which I met up with my BALAY team, the graduation committee, to talk about our upcoming night run on the 8th of February. The meeting ended at 7 pm. Soooo tiring day but twas fun! 

After all this happenings, I went back home and now typing this post. Honestly, I really want to tire myself up this week until afternoon of friday because that day we'll have a party as a celebration for our 179 Project. So to feel that I deserve that party, I will tire myself this week. That means, I will do acad stuff everyday, all day until Friday! YAY. Anyway, here's a picture of our stained glass, a project our batch did in time for the recent holiday season. 

Awesome design by my classmate, Reisha Duarte. This will be up until December this year. So you will see her design whole year. We were the ones who helped her implement the design and this served as one major project for our ID 151. 

So this was my first day for 2013. How about you? How was yours? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment