Less is more.

Welcome to my site. This 2013, I'll try to blog more and live more. Hope you'll enjoy my posts! :)

Monday, November 7, 2011

Born to be a leader

Stage Design of the seminar that I attended


Dahil walang pang pasok at sinusulit ko ang bawat oras na wala akong acads "academic" na pinaglalaanan ng panahon ay gumagawa ako ng mga bagay bagay na ikagigising ko ng mga 11:00 ng umaga - katulad na lamang ng pag surf sa internet, pagbabasa ng blogs, pagkukunwaring gusto kong magbasa ng libro at kung ano-ano pa. Noong nakaraang sabado, November 5, 2011, ay nagising nga ako ng late. as in 11:00 ng umaga. Buti na lang nakasanayan kong hanapin ang cellphone ko at tignan kong may nakakaalala o nagmamahal pa sa akin. Buti na lang meron! 6 text messages! (reading: "you received 6 messages" eh feeling ko nasa langit na ko). So I was eager to see who the senders were, expecting not to see GLOBE or 4488 on the list. Thank God hindi nila ako naalala. But much to my surprise I read text messages coming from my classmates telling me to come to school for a leadership seminar of the supposedly execoms of our organization but unfortunately were not there to represent our org. Flattered reading this I said:

oh my! Kagigising ko lang! hindi ko alam na may ganito ngayon sa CHE(our college). Wait lang ligo lang ako.


Lahat ng sinabi ko dito ay totoo. Kagigising ko lang ng mga 11:10 ng umaga at oo hindi ko alam na may ganitong kaganapan sa CHE. Then, i hurried to the bathroom to take my morning rituals then ate my brunch. Wasn't really expecting anythng since hindi naman talaga ako isa sa mga executive committees ng aming org but better to be there just to say that DC (our org... stands for Design core) was well represented.

Naabutan ko na lang yung start nung afternoon session which started at around 1 pm. So games were conducted to test our communication skills, leadership skills and all the skills you could think of. Then talks were observed afterwards. I was so happy that I was involved in this kind of seminar kahit parang saling pusa lang ako. Ever since gradeschool and kahit naman ngayon I look at myself as a leader. Sometimes I fail to act as one due to failures or hindrances but I still feel that something in me is a leader. Minsan hindi nabibigyan ng pagkakataon (especially when I think I could have been the best leader in that particular situation) I still fulfill my part as a follower. Minsan pa nga mas naeenjoy ko at nagagampanan ko ng maigi ang pagiging follower kesa sa pagiging leader.

So what have i learned during the talk? Well, few things... Communicate, trust your people, plan ahead, concentrate on the solution not the problem, dream big, get involve, be involved and try your best. I know gasgas na ang ilan dito pero I still believe in the essence of knowing all these not just by our mind but by heart. Dami kong natutunan sa seminar na ito and Im thankful for being part of this event even if I am really not qualified, technically, to join this whole-day activity.

Anyway, as I was writing this entry I chanced upon this video that I would like to share: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gevTmyWtHVo that i think will help us get involve to our country. I believe that being a leader you must know what to believe in and understand the causes and the possible consequences of the things that you do. As a leader I think we need to be involved and be informed to the things happening around us and let us start with small things. Hindi naman kailangan laging bongga agad. So i'll leave it up to your call and judgement as to what to believe in and what to scrap from the facts laid before us.

Now, I really feel that I have a mission that would help me get better and my country as well. Siguro ngayon mas maganda to think and to look things in a bigger picture or be sensitive enough to know our actions.

1 comment:

  1. oi iba na pangalan ng blog ko :D bka gusto mong palitan?? hahhaha www.mariaeline.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete