Less is more.

Welcome to my site. This 2013, I'll try to blog more and live more. Hope you'll enjoy my posts! :)

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Philconstruct 2011

Today was such a tiring day (ang sakit ng paa at ng balikat ko). My day started when I went to SMX Mall of Asia to grab some (actually not some, parang all nga eh) brochures of the companies that deal with interior and architectural construction. This event is held yearly and it never fails to excite me. Even if our professor didn't require us to attend this activity I will still be glad to visit the booths of the companies that have pakulo and freebies given away for us, visitors.
One of the pakulos that Holcim did for this year was the videoke that is open to all the visitors. Me and my classmate didn't waste any time and chose songs that we hesitantly rendered in the middle of crowd who were passing thru the place. Hindi na kami nahiya. Minsanan lang din naman e. Saka hindi naman namin kilala yung mga tao dun. HAHA


This event made me feel that I am a design student. Not just a mere decorator but a design student who works both with art and science. It's good that something like this makes me wanna go back to first year when I was still hyper doing academic stuff. I learn so much from going to these kinds of events. It opens windows and doors for creative juices to deluge my seem-to-be-empty-filled-brain and designs that I can actually copy. NOT! That was just a joke. I think it's more of being inspired to do the craft where I should be progressing. So anyway, here are some pics that I took:

Weird looking lamp na parang chair na hindi ko maintidihan. Looks good tho. I admire the person behind this since the lamp was creatively made with such uniqueness in it.


A spot of the dining area installed and design by one of three finalists of Estilo De Vida. I like her design but I dont think she will win the competition. It is just too clean and too safe I guess. But i like it!


Weird looking lamps. I call them the alien lamps. weird as alien. (as if nakakita na ako ng alien. HAHA)


After hoarding all the companies' brochures I headed to Ortigas for my service since it was a Saturday. I have an appointment with God. :) But before going there I was really amused by how SM invests in well=designed infrastructures. But it is sad to say that these buildings mask the poverty that our country is experiencing. We studied that in one of my subjects - that these malls in the Philippines are just cover ups of the reality we are facing now. It's like having these malls would make us a developed country even if we're not. So anyway. here is the picture.
I felt like I was in another country seeing these two buildings - one that's under construction and the other one that's seem to be unoccupied (i dont know why???)


This day was a rejuvenation day for me. I dont know but it kinda sets up my mood once again in designing and actually feel that I am a design student. A lot of things happened today and I am happy for making the right decisions and one of them is going to Philconstruct 2011 (no, actually whether I liked it or not kailangan kong pumunta. HAHA)

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment